Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tweet @reneesmusings - Hurricane

I went up to Rochester when I was 15 with my aunt and little cousin girl.  I stayed up north there and by Pennsylvania for the whole month, on top of seeing my other friend where I used to live, maybe a month, as well.  So, I had a good time with myself when I went up north as a kid.  I saw the school of my 2nd cousin's kids, and it seemed so like real and confusing, in a way.  So, I went up north, and I went to a Bible camp.  I guess this is the first time people were really suggestive with me.  It was a Christian school.  Like, they were asking like when my school started, and I said it was starting soon.  They said they had a longer vacation.  I played games, and they seemed to think I was ugly.  I never went back up north, again.  I did go during the winter, and it was really cold, though I got over it, as I always have.  I guess I'm colder down here.  That's what my grandma said in Midnorthwestern Florida.

Also, my tennis teacher in the New Orleans area is from Rochester.  My aunt only lived there a year.  She's otherwise lived in Florida.  What sticks in my mind about him is that he said, "Play through any weather."

I think I looked at a school in that area, as well as near where my grandma lives.

Anyway, the snow isn't as thick up there, anymore, and it doesn't seem to snow as much, though there was snow in New Orleans twice in the past few years.

It's been rather nice here.  Last winter wasn't so cold.  I had a good winter before that.  I actually came out of my room and went to Disney World with my mom, and brother.

The weather in the New Orleans area always seemed so dangerous, bound to storm and hurricane.  I lost so much but gained so much from Katrina.  My life is a hurricane.  Literally.  I don't know why, but it doesn't make me happy, this secret.  When I was in the city for some event, as we never socialized, just once with my aunt, the wind blew so hard I couldn't breath, and it only affected me.  I don't remember any wind in New York|Pennsylvania.  }:)

You know, the people in New Orleans don't think the hurricane is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

State your name, don't be a creep
Leave your message after the *beep*